Keeping your house clean does more than keep you happy; it keeps you healthy. While it can be tedious work, house cleaning can be very important. If you don’t keep up with chores, you’ll quickly find your home to be a disaster area. You could discover your safe place infested with mold and dust mites. Here are a few things that can happen should you stop cleaning your home regularly.
Your House Will Stink
If your house begins to accumulate filth, it’ll start to stink. Dirty spaces are smelly, especially if garbage piles up in a space. As you continue to live in your unkempt home, the stench will quickly seep into your clothes, your bed, and even your hair. The cleanliness of your home is a direct reflection of your pride, so always keep it clean. It’s easier to clean regularly for short periods of time than to spend hours cleaning after you haven’t cleaned your home for weeks.
Dust Mites Will Move In
Dust seems to be a foe that’s impossible to fight. Even if you dust regularly, it can seem overwhelming that it continuously returns. However, you mustn’t give up! If you give in on the war with dust, your home can be quickly overrun with dust mites. These are tiny bugs that live in areas such as carpets, bedding, furniture, curtains, and even stuffed animals. Dust mites thrive on human skin cells, and humans shed them all through the day. If you don’t clean, your family could develop some serious allergies and breathing issues. An explosion of dust mites can cause symptoms such as nasal congestion, cough, watery eyes, a runny nose, and sneezing. Ignored symptoms can further lead to more serious conditions such as asthma. It’s much easier to clean!
Mold Will Make You Sick
Mold is another substance that can sneak in if you do not clean. Mold loves a warm and moist environment, like an unventilated bathroom. Most people are exposed to molds almost every day. Out of roughly 1,000 North American species of mold, the majority that people encounter in their daily lives are harmless to the average healthy person in small amounts. However, if you ignore your dirty bathroom, you can easily breathe in those dangerous mold particles. On the surface, victims of mold damage could experience allergy symptoms, such as a runny nose or sore throat. However, more serious situations may lead to allergic reactions, which could turn life-threatening. Additionally, prolonged exposure could even cause a lung infection. If you find yourself with a moldy home, it’s important to take the necessary steps to protect yourself and your family.
It’s best to do what you can to keep your house clean. A clean home is a happy home! Cleaning is often a mundane task, but it protects you from illness and much more.
If you need help cleaning your house, contact us to schedule a house cleaning!