Looking For House Cleaning Tips to Keep Your Home Clean without Harsh Chemicals?
Are you like me and love a clean home, but hate the left over chemical smells from mainstream cleaning products? Do you worry about your pets or kids breathing them in? Most of the chemical filled products can be dangerous and cause health issues for everyone in your home. Especially if you’re cleaning with them daily. There are better ways to get the clean you want, without the use of harmful chemicals.
Here Are 6 All Natural House Cleaning Tips That Will Keep Your Home Healthy
- Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap. This is an all around amazing product. You can use it as a surface cleaner, dish liquid, floor solution, or laundry detergent. Not only is it natural and safe, but it smells great, too. It comes in a few different scents to choose from. This product is my number one pick for my own home because of how versatile it is for total house cleaning.
- Make your own all natural cleaning solution. Mix 1 tsp baking soda to every 1 cup of water and add to a spray bottle. This can serve as a surface cleaner and/or a fabric refresher. It will pull odors out of furniture or carpets. If you want it to smell good, you can add your favorite essential oils to it. You will need 20 drops per every 4 oz. Little house cleaning tips like this have saved me money and help keep me healthy.
- Vinegar can be found in any food store for a great price. It also serves as a good all natural house cleaner. Vinegar can be used to mop floors, shine hardwood, and pull out animal odors that sink deep into a surface. Especially if you have a cat that sprayed your woodwork. You just spray the vinegar on the affected area and leave it soak in and dry on it’s on. The vinegar smell will dissipate over time along with the intense animal odor.
- Lemons are fantastic to keep on hand. You can use half a lemon to clean counters. That may seem a bit weird, but the lemon will kill all bacteria and leave a pleasant smell. They can also be cut into pieces and used as a centerpiece. This will deodorize the room and also kill germs from the air. It’s one way to help keep your family a little safer from colds or the flu. Beyond that, slicing a lemon and dropping the pieces into your garbage disposal, then running it through, will help get rid of rotten food that gets stuck within your disposal.
- Need an all natural room refresher too? Mix 4 ounces of witch hazel with 20 drops of lavender essential oil. Spray as often as you wish to keep your home smelling fresh. Lavender will also help keep you feeling calm and content. If you want to make one that will be energizing, use a citrus based oil in place of the lavender. This spray is also safe to use on your clothing, furniture, and around your pets or kids.
- A great toilet cleaner, and possible a fun science experiment, is pouring 1 cup of white vinegar into your toilet, followed by 1/2 cup of baking soda. This will create a reaction and create lots of bubbling. Let this sit for 5 minutes, then take your toilet brush and scrub the stains off. Make sure not to mix these two in a bottle. Just pour the vinegar straight into your toilet bowl, then add the baking soda.
There you have it. These 6 house cleaning products are all natural and safe for everyone. They’re also easy to make and will save you money. You can try them all or pick your favorites.
If you have an interest in professional house cleaning, come on over to Groovy Maid and we’ll take care of you!